Forums 论坛

11/01/2019 09:26:30
Re: Closure of High Performing Dept

My boss informed me that they will be breaking up the various units in my department and effectively close off my department. The various units will be absorbed into other departments. As such my service will no longer be required. My boss nor my HR had not given me any formal notice in writing. The department had been performing well with all the staff achieving their KPIs.

1) Would I be entitled to termination benefits?
2) Do I need to tender my resignation or just sit and wait for their letter to arrive?
3) Would I have a case against the company if they terminate me? The department has been doing well and always achieve KPI. I suspect they are targeting me.

Pls advise.
Edit | Delete

KL Siew
11/01/2019 16:09:25
1. If your salary is not more than RM2000, you have the right to claim termination benefit under the Employment Act. If salary is more than 2K, then you are not covered by the Employment Act. Then may have problem getting termination benefit.

2. Don't resign and wait for letter from the company.

3. If your salary is more than 2k, you can go to the Industrial Relations Department and file a claim under section 20 of the IR Act.
Edit | Delete

Post Response (Feel free to share your experiences)

Email:  (optional)