Forums 论坛

13/09/2010 10:07:30
Re: domesic enquiry

Dear Sir,

I have a problematic staff who has been working for us since Mac'2008.
Up to today, we had given him three warning letters mainly for taking too many unpaid leaves, late for work & uncontactable during working hours.

Recently, he was on medical leave from 16/8/10 till 04/9/10 apparently due to motor accident. He had produce his mc from 16/8/10 till 03/09/10 from GH.
However, he did not produce his police report reason being that he has given to someone who had promised to apply for SOCSO compensation for him.

Therefore, on 09/09/10, we had given him a show cause letter (first & only one) to explain his delay in submitting the police report to us. We had given him a week to reply. However up to today (more than a week), he has yet to reply and he did not report to work this morning.

Looking at the above events, can we proceed with a domestic enquiry? In the event he did not attend the enquiry or we are not satisfied with his reply, can we serve him a 24hrs termination?

Your urgent response would be highly appreciated.
Thanking you in advance.

Warmest regards,

Edit | Delete

KL Siew
13/09/2010 14:07:57
What you need is the MC and not police report. I don't think he has committed an offence that is serious enough for instant dismissal. However, there is nothing to stop you from holding a DI and mete out the appropriate punishment.
Edit | Delete

Post Response (Feel free to share your experiences)

Email:  (optional)


Best to get official advice, call now! Labour Office   EPF   SOCSO