Forums 论坛

09/06/2010 08:49:50
Re: Standard formula for VSS

Under the malaysian labour law, what is the standard formula for mutual separation scheme or voluntary separation scheme due to the restructuring of company organization?

Is it legal that I can join the competitor after leaving the company?
Edit | Delete

KL Siew
09/06/2010 09:07:17
There is no standard formula, it depends on the company's ability to pay. But be guided by the Employment(Termination and Layoff Benefits)Regulations so that you will not be getting less than what are stated therein.

This is a free market, you can of course join any company you like.
Edit | Delete

09/06/2010 09:42:17
Dear Mr. KL Siew,

Thank you very much for your reply and information.

Based on my existing monthly salary of RM 4k and 9 years of service, will you be able to help me to estimate about the compensation please?
Edit | Delete

KL Siew
09/06/2010 10:18:23
Based on the Regulations, it is 20 days salary for every year of service or (4000x12/365) x 20 x 9 . Remember, the Regulations is not applicable to you, you just refer to it as a guideline. If the VSS is comparatively unfavourable, you can try to negotiate for more, that's all.
Edit | Delete

09/06/2010 10:25:44
If the compensation is not reasonable, can I choose to stay on for temporary until I found another job? Can the company terminate or fire me due to the reason of internal conflict with another staff of company?
Edit | Delete

KL Siew
09/06/2010 16:19:32
You said VSS, it is supposed to be voluntary, isn't it? You can negotiate for more if you think it is not reasonable.
Edit | Delete

06/09/2012 13:18:36
Hello Mr K.L Siew
Just want to find company have offer me VSS..I have taken the offer is about 10 month ago.But now my company want me back..but since I have taken the VSS can I go back to the company re-employ by my company to be
permanent staff again.. I want to be permanent staff..they offer me contract just want to know after taking VSS can the company offer me as permanent staff any LAW ON this issued ??
Edit | Delete

27/08/2013 22:10:09
Hi Mr. K.L Siew,
good day to you.

i would like to check with If my company offer VSS and if i am not satisfied with the amount shall ask for more offer?

i am working for 4 years 3mths. how will be the calculation for the VSS. Is it based on years or month. Basic MR2360

hope to hear from you soon.


Edit | Delete

rajesh goyal
25/09/2013 21:26:38
i want to go to malaysia and i want to know what are requirements for passport . please answer soon so that your answer is helpful to us and we can plan accordingly.
Edit | Delete

27/09/2013 10:25:12
Hi good morning , can you pls help i want to know i was working for 21 years for a company now they dont want me telling be to resign by my self what can i do ??? out of 23 people all got their vss now iam left alone. my basic salary is rm 1,760 only rm 300 is special allowance,
my boss say im not good at work after working for him 21 years ??? he asking me my resigination letter
Edit | Delete

27/09/2013 10:28:49
can you pls advice how much i must get from my vss ??? every year i get bonus one month basic salary 1,760/- special allowance 300 ???
Edit | Delete

28/10/2013 11:24:38
Dear Sir,

I am Senior Manager level of one Japanese Company located Nilai, Negeri Sembilan. This company have two plants in Malaysia, one in Nilai and another one in Jengka, Pahang.

Actually, I was employed in Jengka plant since last 1995, I married and my wife also in same company in Jengka plant.

All this while since year 1994 till 2007, I was appointed as Senior Manager ( * as the Head of Department ) of so call

Peripheral Devices Department. In the year 2008 this deparment had been closed due to product business demad down due to

Economic down turn and no more customer demand on that particilar products.

As such, I was instructed to transfer to other product department, but only holding a very less responsibility. After a few months suddenly

Management decided to downgrade my position to so call ' Senior Specialist ', which basically this position just specific for whom that

no any sub ordinates under him.

For that reason, my Head of Department allowances also been ' CUT off'.

In the middle of year 2012, I was instructed by Management to transfer to Nilai plant, totally change of job nature from manufacturing

department to corporate administration ( HR ) department.

At the same time, my wife decided to resign after company rejected her application to also transfer to Nilai.

That are all about my job history, below are my questions seeking your advice ;

1. Job position downgrade - am I have a right to take action which this is against the law ?
2. Wife resigned ( salary below RM1,500 ) - did she have a right to take action which this is against the law of ' distructive dismissal '.
3. From above job story, is there any other cases that I may take consideration to take an action against the law.

Thank you for your time.

Thank you and Regards,
Zamzuri Bahadon
Edit | Delete

shanti k
27/08/2014 12:41:50
Hi Good Day sir,

when is the VSS process should commence. is it 1 month after filing of the PK form or the process may commence after filing the PK form.
Edit | Delete

Jay Fletcher
31/10/2014 10:01:27
Dear Sir,

I have accepted VSS dated 26th September 2014 and my official last day with the organization being 31st December 2014.

On 20th October 2014, my manager threatened me by saying, "if you do not perform, HR will withdraw the VSS"!

Does my manager have the right to threatened me in such a manner?


Edit | Delete

LV Yap
16/03/2015 11:29:20
Hi Sir,

Im currently an Group IT Mgr with company for past 4yr 3mth.

I'd been inform lately company structure chg will move entire ERP to China, and my position will be redundant here.

Advise from my superior to submit a resignation letter and serve 3 mth notice, since no VSS will be offer by company.

May i know...
1. Should I resign?
2. Since employment letter stated 3 mth in lieu notice by any party, does this means with this i'm obligated to this ?
3. What should I do for this notice to me?

Tx & Br
Edit | Delete

26/01/2016 10:18:34
i have been working for a company for the past 25 years. my salary is 5200 per month . now my company is not doing very well and is offering vss . please help me to calculate my vss
Edit | Delete

Post Response (Feel free to share your experiences)

Email:  (optional)


Best to get official advice, call now! Labour Office   EPF   SOCSO