Forums 论坛

23/04/2010 00:45:05
Re: employment without bond of contract.

I got a group of friends and they work for a photography studio. Their job required them to travel far from home to setup counter in various of places in the country, but they are paid with a verry low salary it is as low as RM 1000 to RM 1400. They were promised to get comision for the total sales that they done in every month but the comision was verry little, it is as low as RM 10 - RM 200.

The problem comes when they resigned from the job, their salary has been hold back for various of reason and has been delay until today.
One of them even have his salary cut for RM 200 without any notice given and when he asked, they keep avoiding them nor answering their phone call.

what should they do ?
are they protected by the employment Act 1955 ?
Edit | Delete

KL Siew
23/04/2010 10:15:35
What your friends can do is to make claims for the unpaid salary at the Labour Department. Tell them to work out the exact amount owed. They should also know the correct name and address of the company when they go to the Labour Office to make claims.
Edit | Delete

Post Response (Feel free to share your experiences)

Email:  (optional)


Best to get official advice, call now! Labour Office   EPF   SOCSO