Re: Misleading information on Compensation
Hi there, hope you can help me.
01) On 06/03/12, all staff were being called on meeting at 4 p.m., our boss with lawyer attended, announced that company was no longer to do business because losing money, and everybody have to pack everything and leave.
02) But company called us back to work on 30/04/12 and conducted another meeting to discuss that this company will be take over by another company and about the compensation. He (without lawyer) make a term and condition that new management will be paying us compensation in 30% (1st pay) and 70% (to be pay in 12 months if we agree to continue work) but WILL NOT pay if we refuse to continue to work. He assure that we will be giving a new letter offer on 2nd of May which by now still havent receive any letter to be sign on.
02) My question are, can I sue my previous boss for misleading us about the compensation, I was told by my account manager that once we punch our card on 2nd of May (My termination effective date is on 1st May, we were not being clarify in this whole situation during the 2nd meeting), it is consider that we have accept to continue to work in this new management? But I believe all old staff come to work is because is to help to rush several project that is required by new management while waiting for the new offer letter. We are just do the best thing to our new management.
03) I feel I am being lyied by my boss because he was just sold out his building for millions!!! I think it was not because of the weak business but because the money he make when he successfully selling his building.
04) So, what can i do? Pls help! Thanks!