Forums 论坛

25/01/2012 14:33:45
Re: Unfair termination

Hi, KL Siew!
Gong Xi Fa Cai!

I have a situation that I really need an advice. I am an exec, earning rm1.8K per month and been with the company for 7 months.
I have not received any letter telling me I have completed my probation but they have increased my salary to permanent salary (RM 1.8K) from RM 1.5K. I have not missed any working days, I work on extra hours and on weekends, without OT claims.

But today, I was told by colleague of mine that our Boss wants to terminate me as soon as possible because of my poor performance.
I have not received any letter of counselling or warning about my work performance, just that he is upset over some matters and blamed me for that.

My question is should I lodge complaint to Labour Dept or just ask them to pay salary to me?
Am I entitle for compensation?

Thanks so much for your help!
Edit | Delete

KL Siew
25/01/2012 19:58:55
Don't listen to your colleagues. Wait for the termination letter from your boss. Anyway, if you are ever terminated, you can seek redress at the Industrial Relations Department, not the Labour Department. Meanwhile, just wait for the letter and carry on working as usual.
Edit | Delete

25/01/2012 22:04:24
Hi, Mr. KL Siew!

Thanks so much for your help.

I have already been terminated today. I was told I didn't meet his expectations so he likes to terminate me on the spot.
I have not received any warning letter or counselling regarding this matter.
He was also telling me that my performance is not an issue, just that I didn't fulfil his requirement.

I was asked to leave immediately and return any office's properties. I demanded for counselling or warning letter but my ex boss said this is his office and he can do anything. I was not his confirmed staff and still in probation and nothing much I can do about it, he said. I still have not received any letter for extending my probation. But I was already been given confirmed staff's salary for the last 3 months.

When I left the office, I have not received the termination letter and was not told whether I am entitled for this month's salary or compensation.

I think I should just wait for them to send me the termination letter.
I thank you for your help.
Edit | Delete

KL Siew
26/01/2012 10:49:01
Now, you can go to the Industrial Relations Department to make a claim under Section 20 of the IR Act for reinstatement, that is to say you want to get back your job. Go and get advice from the officer there.
Edit | Delete

26/01/2012 13:46:22
Thanks so much, Sir!
I have called my ex office to get my termination letter and salary by today.
I do not wish to work for my ex Boss anymore.

Thank you again for your help.
I really appreciate it.
God bless you.
Edit | Delete

07/02/2012 16:52:49
Dear Danielle,
They shouldn't terminate you without any valid reason or given you opportunity to prove your performance. They should compensate you notice-in-lieu even u did not receive any confirmation letter.
Edit | Delete

Post Response (Feel free to share your experiences)

Email:  (optional)


Best to get official advice, call now! Labour Office   EPF   SOCSO