Forums 论坛

26/10/2011 21:45:54
Re: Over paid staff allowance

Hi Mr/Ms Siew,

Our company have over paid a staff allowance. We have over paid her 8 months allowance due to some human error. Just like to check with you whether we can claim the amount back from the stated employee? We would like to deduct the amount back from his monthly salary? Is it lawful? Look forward to hear your reply. Thank a lot.
Edit | Delete

KL Siew
27/10/2011 11:43:51
"24. Lawful deductions.

(1). No deductions shall be made by an employer from the wages of an employee otherwise than in accordance with this Act.

(2) It shall be lawful for an employer to make the following deductions:

(a)deductions to the extent of any overpayment of wages made during the immediately preceding three months from the month in which deductions are to be made, by the employer to the employee by the employer¡¦s mistake;"

The above is the law in the Employment Act. You can of oouse discuss with those overpaid and sort out the matter with them.
Edit | Delete

27/10/2011 13:55:14
Hi Mr/Ms Siew,

Thanks for your info. It's really very helpful. Appreciate it.

Edit | Delete

Post Response (Feel free to share your experiences)

Email:  (optional)


Best to get official advice, call now! Labour Office   EPF   SOCSO