Forums 论坛

06/10/2011 15:39:05
Re: Unpaid leave due to health reason

Dear Mr. Siew;
I have worked for one factory for 30 years, recently I suffered body weakness until cannot walk and need wheelchair. All medical check are good but just no energy to walk. My company said I need to resign because I have taken one month unpaid leave. Since all medical checks are good, can I ask doctor to give me term leave to rest? Due to body sickness, do my company has the right to ask me to resign?
Thank you.
Edit | Delete

KL Siew
06/10/2011 16:25:37
Since you have been working for so long, discuss with your employer to give you chance to rest longer rather than resigning. If you really cannot work after that period of rest, then you may consider resigning.
Edit | Delete

Post Response (Feel free to share your experiences)

Email:  (optional)


Best to get official advice, call now! Labour Office   EPF   SOCSO