Forums 论坛

05/09/2011 11:38:56
Re: Salary deduction - wrong account

an accounts officer mistakenly deposited company's float money into a wrong employee account. The employee refuse to give back the money, saying that he has already use the money, but agree to pay installment, which will take more than a year.

My question:-
1. Can the company deduct the employee's salary without written notice.
2. Can the employee refuse to pay everything since the mistake is done by the company, not his.

Thank you for answering.
Edit | Delete

KL Siew
05/09/2011 11:20:23
Actually, one should not retain any money that does not belong to him. About deduction of salary, the following Section of the EA can be a guidance.

Edit | Delete

Post Response (Feel free to share your experiences)

Email:  (optional)


Best to get official advice, call now! Labour Office   EPF   SOCSO