Forums 论坛

12/07/2011 15:23:25
Re: Medical Claim and MC by non Panel Clinic

Do there have any rule and regulation for the medical claim and MC obtain from non panel clinic? Is company can reject the claim and MC which provided by non panel?
Edit | Delete

KL Siew
13/07/2011 09:21:42
Since you have your own panel doctors, set up company rules how to deal with their claims and mc but should bear in mind (b) below. Besides panel doctors near the company, you can also appoint more panel doctors in areas nearer to where the staff live.

60F. Sick leave.

(1) An employee shall, after examination at the expense of the employer:

(a) by a registered medical practitioner duly appointed by the employer; or

(b) if no such medical practitioner is appointed or, if having regard to the nature or circumstances of the illness, the services of the medical practitioner so appointed are not obtainable within a reasonable time or distance, by any other registered medical practitioner or by a medical officer;

be entitled to paid sick leave.
Edit | Delete

KL Guy
14/07/2011 12:20:30
If a company which do not have panel clinic or doctor but I go to see doctor cause certain illness and the doctor request and write a letter to ask me go to see specialist so do the company can reject my claims if i go to the specalist?
Edit | Delete

KL Siew
14/07/2011 15:30:13
Better get permission from the company first about payment before you see the specialist. Don't take for granted. Most companies wont pay.
Edit | Delete

Post Response (Feel free to share your experiences)

Email:  (optional)


Best to get official advice, call now! Labour Office   EPF   SOCSO