Re: Termination during Probation
I have an employee (my assistant) (date joined: 7th June 2011) who is under 3 months probation. His salary is RM1,600-00.
1) keep making similar mistakes over and over again despite my specific instructions
2) over the first three weeks of commencement, he is constantly requesting me to increase his salary to RM1,900.00 saying that after deducting his car installment, ASB, food, petrol, parking and travelling expenses, he gets roughly about RM100-00 left from his RM1,600.00 (after deducting his EPF & Socso)
3) using the company's email to chat with his friend, telling his friend that he is so free/unoccupied in the office when he did not even finish the day's work
4) despite telling him constantly to jot down whatever instruction or guidance to assist with his job (so that he need not ask me again and again on how to do this and that), he did not heed my advice, that i have to tell/explain to him over and over again
5) recently he made another mistake that he got a reprimand from the management and myself (about the recent mistake and also other mistakes he regularly made). The problem here is that he told his colleagues or some of the employees that the management heavily scolded him for very simple problem, and so her "words" or gossips reached me (I heard from one of the employees).
Basically, he is so unreflective/unrepentant for his actions or behaviours, and that her gossips may/will disrupt the office. And I do not feel he is suitable for this job.
Can we terminate him (with just cause and excuse)?