Forums 论坛

27/05/2011 09:34:56
Re: any government department can help to sue a company?

Dear Mr.Siew, i have an employee pass away because of serious accident, his family want to sue the lorry owner but they don't have money to hire lawyer. Do u know got any government departmwnt can help them on this? Thank you for your advise.
Edit | Delete

KL Siew
27/05/2011 11:05:59
First, if your employee was knocked down by the lorry during the course of his work, you will have to deal with SOCSO. If the accident happened outside his work, his family can get free legal advice from the government Legal Aids Bureau (Biro Bantuan Guaman). For suing, I still think they should consult a lawyer first and find out how best to go about it despite their having little money. Normally, lawyers are quite happy to take up accident cases.
Edit | Delete

Post Response (Feel free to share your experiences)

Email:  (optional)


Best to get official advice, call now! Labour Office   EPF   SOCSO