Forums 论坛

24/05/2011 11:57:33
Re: Constructive Dismissal

I was earning Rm2,200 per month and I was later asked to leave my job without going through the proper procedures as laid by the Employment Act. what is the maximum amount I could claim for damages. What are the factors that would be taken into consideration in limiting or reducting such damages?
Edit | Delete

KL Siew
25/05/2011 16:57:23
You may say it was a wrongful dismissal when they asked you to leave without going through proper procedure. What you can do now is to claim for reinstatement under Section 20 of Industrial Relations Act. It is too early to talk about damages or compensation. Go to the IR Department and make a claim and let the department to look into the matter for you. Do it within 60 days from the date of termination of service.
Edit | Delete

Post Response (Feel free to share your experiences)

Email:  (optional)


Best to get official advice, call now! Labour Office   EPF   SOCSO