Forums 论坛

I hate to be HR
04/04/2011 08:55:53
Re: Sudden Resignation

My staff got gov. job and she has to report to gov on 12.04.2011, she worked for 2 year plus in my company and she suppose to give us 6 weeks notice according to Sarawak Labour Ordinance.

However, she wrote a letter@ notice saying that she wish to resign as soon as possible.(because she have to report to gov. soon)

My problem is, I cannot see any terms mentioned that employee should pay back to employer if they failed to give 6 weeks notice.

Does Government has the right to over write labour law by asking its new employees to report asap without considering existed employer's situation?

So what can I do for this case?

Edit | Delete

KL Siew
04/04/2011 09:30:26
What you can do is to go to the Labour Department and make a complaint against her.
Edit | Delete

Abused Jejaka
14/04/2011 09:54:01
I was asked to further study by my company and working at the same time.The problem now is I have'nt signed any aggrement and I plan to resign soon.The HR manager claimed that I NEED TO PAY the 10 months salary since I've enrolled my study .The study fees is paid by myself but the HR claimed that salary given is assumed as a scholarship.So the question is do I need to pay the 10 month salary or can I just tender a notice accordingly.Thank you for your advice
Edit | Delete

Post Response (Feel free to share your experiences)

Email:  (optional)


Best to get official advice, call now! Labour Office   EPF   SOCSO