Re: OT & Working Hours
I have some issues regarding OT payment and working hours. Appreciate that you could assist me on this concern.
- Currently I am working 9hours per day + 1 hour lunch time(total - 10hours). Upon interview i was being told that will be work 8hours per day but management change it when the time i start working. Am i entitle for OT claims for that extra 1 hour?Other than that, base on the offer letter I have signed before I join the company, is clearly state that working hours will be 8 hours + 1 hours meal break.
-Company claims that OT below 2hours is NOT ENTITLE for any OT claims.
They have came out a scheme which is :
OT >2 hours and <4hours = RM25
OT >4 onwards = RM25 + 0.5day replacement.
Is this OT scheme set by the management qualify under labour law rules?
Do we have rights to reject the scheme that set by them?what should we do?
- Currently we work on shift. When we work on Public Holiday, we did not get any double pay but we only get 1day replacement leave.
On the other side, if our rest day fall on public holiday, management did not give the replacement leave for us.
Appreaciate that you could provide us some feedback.
Extra information :
- Im working on a retail based company
- basic salary more that 1.5k
- rotating shift ( 9.30 am - 7.30 pm & 12noon - 10.00 pm )