firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
Re: Contract Staff
I have been hired as a contract staff since 29/01/2009. The first contract was for 6 months. My contract was subsequently extended as below:-
1) 29/01/2007 to 28/07/2007 - 6 mnths
2) 01/08/2007 to 31/10/2007 - 3 mnths
3) 02/11/2007 to 31/01/2008 - 3 mnths
4) 01/02/2008 to 31/07/2008 - 6 mnths
5) 01/08/2008 to 31/01/2009 - 6mnths
6) 04/02/2009 to 04/02/2009 - 12 mnths
During my service at this company, my superior had several times promoted me as a permanent staff but was rejected by the HR. During the expiry of January 2009 contract, I've received e-mail from one of the HR's staff to do a medical check-up, but then they only continue my contract for another 12 months.
1. Is there any law to protect a contract staff like me?
2. How long / how many times can a contract being extended?
3. Is there any law for a contract staff to be absorbed as permanent staff after certain years of services?
4. What can I do to fight for my right?