Re: Long working hours without salary and allowances
Hi, I'm currently working as a sales exec in a home appliances company (HQ in Italy). As a direct company report to the regional company in S'pre, I need to clarified whether we're being treated within the law,
My basic are more than rm1500 but less than rm 5000. A petrol allowance of rm 800 is being given to cover petrol ,toll and etc. Besides that, an commision scheme are being introduce. But according to my appointment letter, it didn't stated the job functions as per following,
1) Working are required to setup exhibition, roadshow venue till late hour without hour without additional food allowance & OT.
2) Working during public holidays and rest days for more than 8 hrs. From 10am to 8pm without pay and OT of 2 hrs.
3) We are allow to claim additional rm20 and additional annual leave only when the roadshow or fair whcih is consider sizeable by the company. And most likely, the location is KLCC. With the high expenses area like KLCC, rm20 are not enough for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
4) When the annual leave are being apply, do we have the right to put "personnel" at the reason column in the leave application form.
5) We didn't receive our payslip after few attempts to request it from the finance manager. This result, we're unable to know whether our salary are being paid according.
6) We're required to carry customer repair sets from dealers till the car is overloaded. And any traffic tickets are to be bare by ourselve.
The points given about were not stated in our appointment letter, which it started to created uneasy among staffs and hope to get some advice to the above.
We, as an employees, working long hours are not a problems as long as our precious personnel time are being "paid" according. We're not volunteers, we are being employed.