Forums 论坛

13/01/2009 09:53:23
Re: Sosco leave

Dear Mr Siew

Happy New Year.

I have two questions to ask you.

1) An employee met with an accident in 2002 and he have been on Sosco Leave and then prolonged Medical Leave until now. The Company applied for Invalidity Pension Scheme by Sosco but the application was rejected. He have been submitting his medical leaves from the Specialist every quarter to the Company but the employee himself never come to the office to submit his medical leave personally instead he will asked one of his colleague to hand the mc to HR.

Question : Can we medically board him out? If no what can we do ? Please advise

2) Another employee who have been on Sosco leave for a period of more than 6 months, can the Company deduct his annual leave entitlement ?

Thank you
Best Regards
Edit | Delete

KL Siew
13/01/2009 11:07:42
1. As far as I know, you cannot on your own medically board someone out. Since this is a SOCSO case, SOCSO is the place for you to consult. He may find it difficult to come personally because of the injuries. What you have to do is the forward the MC to SOCSO for their action and make payments .

2. You cannot do that.
Edit | Delete

12/02/2009 18:47:24
If for the case like this...

- 1 of my company staff is accident and hospitalization for 3 month.
he take the hospitalization leave start from 1 nov08 until 13/01/2009 and my company was give 60 days HL per year.

so i want to ask, start from 01/01/2009 - 13/01/2009 does the staff still entitle for the HL for the same case as he ard took 60days on 08.

beside that, the doctor mention tat he cannot do heave task such as drive more than 3 hrs, but he was a linehaul driver (driver at night from KL to johor everyday).

so what my company can do? so terminate the staff as he cannot perform the task even he start to work.

pls advise. thanks!!
Edit | Delete

Post Response (Feel free to share your experiences)

Email:  (optional)