Re: Contract Staff & Commission Entitlements
Appreciate your feedback as per below:-
Case 1: My boss is looking into engaging a contract staff for 3 months. Salary payable at $2300 per mth
1. Does he entitle Annual leave? If yes, how should we pro-rate?
2. Sick / Hospitalization leave entitlement - is it compulsory ? Should we state the sick leave 14 day p.a and 60 days respectively, even the contract is only 3 mths? Does this apply to even 1 month contract as well?
3. If the contract staff does not utilised the Annual & Sick leave at the end of contract, is it compulsory to pay him in monetary?
4. With his salary exceeding $1.5k, he does not entitle OT claim, unless provided by employer?
5. Say his official working hours is- 5 days, 9am-6pm (inc 1 hr lunch). The OT claim apply, if exceeding 44 hrs per week (as per act) or as long as he work exceeding 8 hrs per day?
My fren is a Project Sales Exe and joined Company A since June 07. She was transfered to another Company B, own by the same mgt, in Oct 08 without any letter of transferring given. Does she still entitle the commission from Company A, as the comm payout is yearly?