Re: Foreign Worker
I am a foreigner work as massage therapist with proper working visa. I have few question and would appreciate if fellow Malaysian can enlighten me.
1) Can the employer with-hold my passport?
2) Can the employer with-hold my first month salary as security?
3) Can my employer impose fine and deduct our salary with rules that set by himself? For example, we are only allow to go out for 2 hours after working hour. If we came back late, we will get fined RM500. Is this legitimate?
4) Can the employer refrain us from going out after working hour?
5) As I know the salary should be paid not more than 7 days after the cut off. Can we file a complaint for the delay in payment?
6) The contract we signed with the agent said that we are either get basic salary or half share of the monthly revenue we bring in. However, the employer had changed it to 60% to him, 40% to us without our consent. Can we file a complaint?
7) Can we get back all the short paid all this while?
Thank you for your help.