Re: Medical Leave, any pro-rated during resignation
To KL Siew,
The facts for the above matter is as follows:-
- Worker A, with salary more than RM1500
- Employment service is more than 2 years but less than 5 years.
- The company has the policy of 14 days medical leave and benefit of RM500 in a year.
- Pro-rated basis is not mentioned for medical benefit but pro-rated basis is mentioned for salary & annual leave.
- Worker A took 10 days Medical leave, medical claim at RM450 and tender resignation in May ie last day is 7th June.
- No hospitalisation involved.
My questions are :-
1) Is the worker A's medical leave and medical claim on pro-rated basis ?
2) Can we classify the exceeded number of days taken as an annual leave or unpaid leave in the event of no more leave to deduct ?
3) Can we recall the exceeded medical claim by deduct the salary ?
4) Can the company fixed the medical policy in pro-rated basis ?
Thanks in advance for the assistant & have a nice day