Forums 论坛

17/08/2009 18:03:18
Re: recovery of overpaid salary

Can an employer recover back an overpaid salary due to wrongly determination of annual salary increment (ASI) in 2006. The person was later on promoted to a higher level and his promotional salary was based on the wrongly given ASI in 2007. Can we readjust / reduce the promotional grade now that we have realised the error.

Is there anywhere stated eg employment Act / Labour Law pertaining to limit to the amount that can be recovered / procedure to follow?
Edit | Delete

17/08/2009 18:41:36
Sec 24(2) It shall be lawful for an employer to make the following deductions:
(a) deductions to the extent of any overpayment of wages made during the immediately preceding three months from the month in which deductions are to be made, by the employer to the employee by the employer's mistake;
Edit | Delete

Post Response (Feel free to share your experiences)

Email:  (optional)