Re: CBT Part 2
I am trying to help both side from the employer and the employee-I want to be neutral.
Now the question is..
1. our manager has made a silly mistake by sending him a mail for the acceptance of the resignation where as i believe it has impliedly discharged any liablities or allegations towards him.
2. Actually the company also ows him his allowance which was not paid since 2005.
3. He also gave the company big amount of hard cash when company was in trouble in 2005 by promising him the money will be paid back within months.
4. He resigned and filed a suit against us of quite a big amount before we made the police report.
5. I think there was a friction between him and our finance dept.
6.Even all the staff signed a petition that he is innocent.*ALL*
7. After i went through the bills, it seems that the accountant made a mistake by not checking the items which the manager purchased for the companys usage. with a profit margin sold to our clients.As the manager also wrote on the bills for what purpose and where the items were used.The clients paid in full.
8. The seller, A singapore based company denied that our manager purchased any item from them and the transaction was in Cash.
9. The items was actually purchased. But singapore company personal denied that the bills also belongs to them.the staff would have taken the money
10. So can any employer just make a police report to defend them self?
11. What if he ask the Income tax dept to come and audit the company accounts and found that what ever he purchased was for the benefit of the company?
12. What shall i do with this accountant if later found out that all he did wasdue to personal grudges?
The actual report was that he took the money but did not purchase any items.
He was suspended since then and the company didnot gave him any verdict but still emailed him after a month stating that he is still under suspension.
There is abiguity in the case that our accountant reported. the manager had been purchasing the item from the same singapore company for the past 10 years and he challenged our company to dig out all the files since 1999 as the accountant only reported since 2005.
This is a small company and i dont wish to loose my job along with the others...
As i looked at it, the accontant made lots of mistake.
The Manager did make Report to the IR under constructive dismissal as the accountant sent a letter to the manager stating that the company is deducting the salary from his allowance of RM1000.00.
It was very obvious this is malpractice but the accountant wanted to save some money for the company.
I also went along my accountant to the IR office for Rundingan Damai. We produced the Police report and the IR officer says that there was no CD as the manager also sent the resignation letter.
The manager actually was a graduate in Law was very calm and he was willing to withdraw all the case is we could answer him...but we were stunned.
He says" ..."kalau ni bukan CD, hanya jawab satu soalan dan jika pihak syarikat boleh menjawab maka saya menarik balik segala aduan- Kalau saya berhenti dengan rela hati saya, kenapa, mengapa syarikat tidak bayar balik gaji saya satu bulan dan ganti notis 1 bulan selepas 6 bulan? Sdangkan the acciontant already accepted his resignation.
The another problem we might face that we use to pay money to our client and he has all the transactions records. Can he use that to report at the Anti corruption dept? he used to transfer the monies from his savings account and company will reimburse him at the end of the month.
Now this manager is asking for reinstatement and not salary.
What shall we do.
Our lawyers also are in gloom as the only defence we have is the police report and the case has been post poned 5th times as our lawyers are using their evasive delay tactics and waiting for the police verdict.
What if he is acquitted from all the charges. Will company have to pay all his dues?
If yes how much would it be as his salary was 14k and his claims of allowance is amounting to RM 185k.
Do we have to pay 24 months salary if we did not reinstate him?
Sorry foir the detailed and long explaination.
Do we stand to win this type of case.