Forums 论坛

Mei K Low
15/07/2008 17:36:12

My clerk has submitted a Mother Accompany Child chit from one of the government hospitals. Her child of 6 months was admitted for lung infection for a period of 10 days. Should the company honour such leave or deduct these 10 days as unpaid leave ?
Would appreciate your early reply.
Thank your
Edit | Delete

KL Siew
15/07/2008 18:56:56
If I were you, I would treat it as paid sick leave and her sick leave entitlement would be reduced by 10 days. Better for you to consult the Labour Department.
Edit | Delete

16/07/2008 08:12:41
The mother is not admitted to hospital but 'accompanied' her child to hospital.
In our company, we shall grant one day casual leave to the employee for the hospitalization of serious illness of immediate family. The employee shall apply annual leave or unpaid leave for the balance of 9 days.
Edit | Delete

Post Response (Feel free to share your experiences)

Email:  (optional)


KL Siew has put up a sister site by the name of, which is in effect a more user-friendly version of the present popular The site is in the process of being fine-tuned but it is fully functional. You are invited to visit the website at and give your views or suggestions. Queries can be posted and be responded from there as usual.