Forums 论坛

14/07/2008 16:21:59
Re: Employment Bond

I've signed on to a management trainee program, whereby the clauses are:
1. 12k for the training, bonded for 5 years)
2. the employer will deposit Rm200 into my account which will be auto deducted from my account to repay the training fees (RM200 x 60 months)

After the training period, which is 6 months later, the training that I have is trainings in the office only by my seniors. I am not getting EPF or SOCSO from the employer. My allowance is currently RM1500.

What is your opinion as I am looking to leave? Thank you.
Edit | Delete

KL Siew
14/07/2008 16:40:10
Very unusual arrangement and I find it quite difficult to understand. Your employer might be doing that for certain purposes, I don't know. I don't think they will ask you to pay for the bond. If you want to resign, just talk to your HR how to go about it, such as how long notice must you give and so on.
Edit | Delete

14/07/2008 16:44:06
Yeah, it is very unusual. My company is a very small chinaman owned company (you get the picture :D) There are no HR personnel in the company. We only have a General Clerk who takes care of the payroll.
I did talk to the boss that I wanted to leave and I am willing to forgo my allowance for this month of July but he does not agree and insists that I pay back the 12k for god-knows-what training fees. What should I do?
Edit | Delete

KL Siew
14/07/2008 17:15:26
Honestly, I don't know what to comment. I think it will be better for you to go to the Labour Department or the Industrial Relations Department, sit down and talk to one the officers by giving him your full details. They may be able to advise you better.
Edit | Delete

Post Response (Feel free to share your experiences)

Email:  (optional)


KL Siew has put up a sister site by the name of, which is in effect a more user-friendly version of the present popular The site is in the process of being fine-tuned but it is fully functional. You are invited to visit the website at and give your views or suggestions. Queries can be posted and be responded from there as usual.