Forums 论坛

09/07/2008 09:02:10
Re: Transfer to a different post due to pregnancy problems

Due to bleeding in my third month of pregnancy, doctor suggested that I request for
3 months unpaid leave to rest. I wrote a letter requesting this to my superior. My
superior agreed. After 3 months, doctor informed that I am fit to return to work.
When I returned the HR Manager informed that I have been transfered to help other department due to my previous condition. She said that I will be given light work due to this condition. The nature of my job has also changed. I am employed as a secretary in this company but now my post would be Admin Officer. My job has been replaced by another person. Kindly advice accordingly.
Edit | Delete

KL Siew
09/07/2008 09:31:19
It is quite a difficult situation. In the first place, your company has been quite considerate in allowing you to take 3 months unpaid leave. I also think you company is right to give you lighter work in view of your condition. I think you can accept the transfer but let them know that would like to get the former job back should there a vacancy one day. They just cannot sack the person who took over your job to accommodate you.

Why not also consult the Industrial Relations Department for more views?

Edit | Delete

09/07/2008 10:58:49
The person who had taken my place has an Executive position in the company. Before the Executive position she was a Secretary. I thought that I could resume my position once I returned from my unpaid leave and she can go back being an Executive. The H.R. Manager informed me that I could not resume my work even after my confinement due to the rapid changes in the company. 2 days ago H.R. gave me a one page letter defining the transfer. I refuse to sign it due to I have to report to 3 departments and they did not define my position after my confinement. I ask them for a copy of the letter but they refuse to give it to me. Now I am floating without any particular dept. As for my replacement, she has been promoted to Senior Executive and there is no way I can reresume that position again.

Thank you and hope u could clarify further.
Edit | Delete

KL Siew
09/07/2008 12:31:02
If the matter cannot be solved internally, I think the only way is for you to consult the Industrial Relations Department see whether they can give you any help to settle the problem.
Edit | Delete

Post Response (Feel free to share your experiences)

Email:  (optional)


KL Siew has put up a sister site by the name of, which is in effect a more user-friendly version of the present popular The site is in the process of being fine-tuned but it is fully functional. You are invited to visit the website at and give your views or suggestions. Queries can be posted and be responded from there as usual.