Forums 论坛

18/06/2008 01:23:39
Re: contract end

Dear Mr Siew

currently working with company A but attached with B company ,B company would like to have their own staff which is their advertised to the paper that means my contract to work with company B will be end once they have employ new staff,that means if I go back to my office which is company A no job for me to stand at company A ,when I check with my office HR say that if I get a job with another company you have to tender a month's resign letter but if I didn't get any job my office will give a month's notice to me to find a new job so now I still not understand because I do not want to resign from company A because of no job for me at company B I have to find a job and have to tender a resign letter,here is my scenario
tender a resign letter:17/6/08
contract end at company B :30/06/08
my leave balance :19days
DOC to new company : 1/07/08
what my company can do for me as I my contract finish with company B and I am not happy why I have to give a month resign letter therefore I do nt want to resign and how is the solution to solve this problem I really need help from you

Thank you
Edit | Delete

KL Siew
18/06/2008 08:15:02
You are an employee of company A. Attaching to company B is only part of your job. If there is no work in B, it is up to your company A to provide with some other work. There should not be problem at all.

Coming to termination of service, if you want to resign you will have to give notice and on the other hand, if the company wants to terminate your service, they will have to give notice to you. It is as simple as that.

What is DOC? If you gave notice on 17/6 to join a new company on 1/7, your one month notice should end on 16/7. Since you have 19 days leave balance, you can apply for the leave during the notice period, which means you don't have to work up to 16/7 but 19 days earlier. They will have to pay your salary up to 16/7.

Edit | Delete

24/06/2008 20:53:22
Dear Siew

I work in a big company on a 2 year contract and at the same time working towards my Master in a local university. The company is sponsoring my studies. I started in May 2007 and in May 2008 I received a letter confirming me as a permanent staff with an adjustment in salary.
Now the HR wants to pull back the letter. I think they made a blunder not knowing that I am a contract staff. What should I do? This issue really demotivate me.
Edit | Delete

Post Response (Feel free to share your experiences)

Email:  (optional)


KL Siew has put up a sister site by the name of, which is in effect a more user-friendly version of the present popular The site is in the process of being fine-tuned but it is fully functional. You are invited to visit the website at and give your views or suggestions. Queries can be posted and be responded from there as usual.